Friday, May 24, 2013

Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.

Last night was our fundraiser for the Ethiopia Vision Trip. I’m sitting here gloriously tired, achy and 100% overwhelmed by the outpouring of love. The tears finally have permission to flow freely and all the walls I had to put up to make it through last night have crumbled.

It is May. Which for anyone with school aged children, is crazier than December. The last couple weeks of school, dance recitals, choir concerts, All Star season, field day…I could go on forever. BUT in spite of all the to do’s, you came. And not only did you come, you worked your bummies off (you know who you are!), you danced, and people, you gave.

I am so excited to tell you that (assuming all auction items are claimed:), we raised $4542 last night! In 3 hours that’s pretty amazing. My heart is beyond thankful to each and every one of you. Now, are you ready for this!?

The fundraiser combined with previous donations means:

*Carrie is FULLY FUNDED!

*I am FULLY FUNDED!

Y’all are so amazing. Like the best ever!! I wish we had been able to talk to each of you face to face, to tell you how much we love and appreciate you. Every one of you made us feel like with your support, we can do the work God is calling us to. IN ETHIOPIA, PEOPLE!!!

I will leave you with the words that gave me faith in the very beginning. GOD FUNDS WHAT HE FAVORS and friends, He used you to prove His faithfulness.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Brit

OH!! If you missed it last night, here are a couple of videos that tell a little about what we will be doing!

Children’s HopeChest Ethiopia

Ethiopian Orphans

0 comments:

Post a Comment