Friday, September 28, 2012

Quick Update

Just wanted to give y’all a quick update. We have our fingerprinting appointment next Tuesday, October 2! Once they review our prints, they will send us our I-171H. This, friends, is The Golden Ticket! It is the form that will allow us to bring an orphan into the United States. Once we receive this, I will have our dossier state certified and we’ll be able to send our dossier to Ethiopia. Translation: WE WILL FINALLY BE PLACED ON THE WAITING LIST!!

Believe it or not, we’ve been on this Crazy Train for almost 10 months now. To imagine that it could be another 2 years makes me a little sad. Our agency, America World, has warned us the wait could increase even more in the near future. The red tape in the adoption world truly exhausts me. I don’t get it.

Today is one of those days I feel an urgency in my bones. I look at the pictures of forgotten children and ache inside. They are starving for love and purpose. Wanting to know they matter, maybe needing something as simple as a hug. I hate that I can’t go over there and load them all up and take them home. Show them they are valued, chosen, and dearly loved by a God who is in the business of redemption.

One day soon, Little Krause, one day soon<3

and provide for those who grieve in Zion--to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor. Isaiah 61:3

0 comments:

Post a Comment