Wednesday, February 8, 2012

“The Call”

Dear Ryan & Britany ~

Congratulations again on your acceptance into the Ethiopia program!

Adoption is a life-changing experience!   You will feel a multitude of emotions during your journey through this process.  The ensuing months may both seem to fly by and crawl at a snail's pace.  You may occasionally question the adoption process, but keep in mind the arrival of your child or children will happen in God's perfect timing.  Take comfort that the steps involved in the adoption process are there to ensure that these children will be placed in safe and loving homes.  We are here to walk with you through this journey of adoption!…


OMAGOSH!!!! It's FOR REAL!! I was driving down Mopac today when I got “The Call”! It was so hard to concentrate as everything in my world went blurry. I was NOT expecting the feeling that washed over me. J-O-Y. Pure joy, even excitement. I can truly only compare it to how I felt when the doctor told me I was going to be a mommy. Two months ago you could have NEVER convinced me that I would feel this way. Not even two HOURS ago. This is really happening! Craaaazy!!

Sara, with America World, sent me an email with the first of MANY forms we have to fill out. Once the forms are completed we then mail back to Sara with the initial program fee. Once they process this paperwork, they will assign us a family coordinator who will be with us throughout the entire adoption process. In the meantime, there is a required online training course she suggested we go ahead and complete. She also told me that America World is licensed to do home studies in Texas! This is great news as it will make the experience so much more personable. We will be assigned to a social worker shortly after they have received and processed the documents and payment.

Before I let you go, I have to tell you how God is already providing! When Sara initially contacted me about the plan to fund the adoption she let me know that we would need around $5000 upfront. Well, Ryan did our taxes the other night and GUESS WHAT!?!? Yup, we are getting back $5000!!! You are so faithful, Lord!

I want to thank you for all of the prayers and support we have received! I am so humbled and blessed and EXCITED to go on this adventure with each of you. Buckle in friends, it’s gonna be a CRAZY ride!!!

xoxo,

Brit

3 comments:

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips

This. Is. So. EXCITING!!!!!


I'm thrilled with you - this post brought tears to my eyes!

Can't wait to hear more of the journey and of God's provisions through it ALL.

Unknown said...Best Blogger Tips

Thanks, Jenny! It's exciting and cRaZy all at the same time! I love that you are following, does my heart good;)

Amanda said...Best Blogger Tips

We got the same exciting news as you guys just 10 days before you did!! Sara was also the one to contact us! I have come across several families who are right there walking this same road as we are at the same time as us!!I am super excited to follow your blog, as I am sure we will have lots of the same highs and lows along the way! Praying for you guys!! THis is a very exciting time in our lives!! :) Amanda
www.johnamandaandkids.blogspot.com

Post a Comment