Thursday, February 2, 2012

Where are we now?

Wow, it’s a miracle! Two posts in one day!? Well, kind of. This morning’s post was meant for yesterday but my internet was down last night. I’m sure this will go down as a record for this blog! Please, please, please “follow” Praying You Home by scrolling to the bottom and clicking on, “Join this site” or subscribing through email. I have 5 awesome followers and I know they’re getting lonely out here in Blogland:) I want to know who’s taking this crazy train with us!!

Now, back to business…

The afternoon I submitted our application, I had to sing with my dad at a benefit at the Cotton Club in Granger. I sat there the whole time giggling to myself about the idea of my African child partaking in our country music ventures. Isn’t that the most hilarious thought? As I sat there in that smoky, country dancehall watching all the two-steppin’, Bob Wills singin’, Merle Haggard lovin’ people, I saw what had always been very normal to me, through a whole new set of eyes. I pray Little Krause will love country music or he/she will suffer for the rest of their life;) 

The adoption agency we applied with is America World. (www.awaa.org) You are going to make fun of me and consider me irresponsible when I tell you how I chose this one. I love Steven Curtis Chapman. I knew one of the Chapman family ministries was adoption, so I looked up his website and figured out who they endorsed/adopted through. That was it. I was certain that whichever agency these adoption rock stars supported and encouraged others to use, would be the one.

AWAA informed us that it would take approximately 10 business days to hear if we had been accepted into their program. One week later (remember, we applied on a Sunday and the following Monday was MLK day, there had been only 4 bus. days), I received an email from Sara, the intake director at AWAA. She let me know that 2 of the areas they look closely at are medical history and the family’s finances as well as the ability to fund the adoption…UH OH. FAIL. Cancer and we are, um how you say, brizoke? She was so sweet, though! Quote: we recognize that for so many of our families this journey really is a step of faith…   We don’t expect anyone to know where every penny will come from. We do look to see that a plan is in place and that the funds are available to start the process. She also asked a few questions about my specific cancer diagnosis. The best I could do was send her a very honest response. I think it helped that I am 9 years removed from diagnosis and treatment. I also laid out my hopeful plans for funding the adoption. The last time I spoke with her was the Tuesday before last and as the days have ticked by panic began to set in. I couldn’t take it anymore and the anxiety finally got the best of me today. She immediately replied and let me know there was a slight confusion with our application. AND, listen to this, “there has been an onslaught of applications this month. MUCH higher than usual!!” How super exciting is that!? She assured me that our app. would be reviewed tomorrow or early next week and they would contact us as soon as possible. *SIGH* So, we will wait until then. I promise I’ll let you know right away!

So, here’s the burning question on everybody’s mind: how DO we plan to finance this adoption? Good question! When I figure it out I’ll let you know. I will assure you that this single income, blue collar family does not have $35-40,000 laying around. But to me, this is a great opportunity for God to really show up, for Him to be glorified! Pennies from Heaven:) We have been praying that God would move the hearts of individuals who He wants to be a part of Little Krause’s story. It’s an uncomfortable position to ask for help, but when I think of the end result, it gives me the courage. I was warned the other day by a friend who had been told “If you don’t have the money, that’s God telling you shouldn’t do this.” I wholeheartedly disagree. It made me sad that people’s hearts are so hardened. If 99% of the people moved to rescue orphans let the financial mountain stand in the way, what would happen to the orphan population then? It’s a scary thought. Remember, God gave me my encouragement at the seminar we attended: God funds what He Favors!

Ryan and I have been brainstorming like crazy. I keep going back to what I know best…concert benefits. In the next couple of months I plan on rallying troops to help me organize/execute this. It’s going to take a village! We’ve thought of garage sales, tshirt sales, applying for grants, various events (again, what I know!), and possibly finding someone to donate studio time for a cd I could record/sell. If you are in the market for someone to lead worship, someone to plan your party, a cool pottery barn knock off piece of furniture? The Krauses have got ya covered! We promised ourselves we would be shameless! After all, the future of our child depends on it:) Do you know a t-shirt printer who would donate? A graphics designer willing to design our t-shirts? Do you have advice, something that was successful for you? PEOPLE, DO YOU KNOW PEOPLE!? I want to hear about it! We have opened a PayPal account and put a donate button at the bottom of the blog. Our “campaign”, for lack of a better word, will be: You CAN Change the World…For ONE! And you really CAN! Think about it, 5 million minus one. It will make all the difference in the world of one! If God does move your heart to donate, PLEASE send me an email or leave a comment with your name. I plan on making a list of donors on the “You CAN Change the World…for one” page. I want to write you into Little Krause’s story<3

DON’T FORGET!!! FOLLOW PRAYING YOU HOME & LEAVE COMMENTS!!! I’m anxious to hear your thoughts!

xoxo,

Brit

4 comments:

Jenny Gelsone said...Best Blogger Tips

I'm so excited to follow you and pray for you on this awesome journey! Keep writing so I know how to direct my prayers.

Rachelle said...Best Blogger Tips

I hopped on the Krause crazy train :0) and I can't wait to see how the Lord leads and provides for your family. We serve an AWESOME GOD!! Praying and believing in the best for the Krause family.

Unknown said...Best Blogger Tips

WOOHOO!! I love girlfriends who are wild enough to go on this adventure with us:) Your prayers are coveted and mean so much to our family, Thank you!

Lorraine, AKA Forever Blessed said...Best Blogger Tips

Love how our Jehovah Jireh already showed Himself by allowing your tax refund to match your initial payment. Gotta love how He provides and confirms so clearly along this path.

I have tons of fundraiser ideas, but the thing that keeps screaming LOUDLY to me is the BOSS YOUR HEART MEMORIAL BENEFIT!!!!!! So many people heard you sing so beautifully at Chrissie's funeral, and so many people are eager to help fundraise by attending Chrissie's memorial benefit, BUT we haven't had a chance to plan it yet. :-) Your family could be our chosen recipient of the benefit! We could do SO.VERY.MUCH with this. I don't know if you'll consider it, but I can't help but see the ways God intertwined our hearts during Chrissie's hospitalization, then during her funeral. Can't help but wonder if He did that almost 2 years ago for such a time as this?

Post a Comment