Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Very Annoying Love Fest

Hopefully tomorrow I will have time to catch you up on the story that has been unfolding in our lives. BUT, right now I’m going to take the opportunity to give a shout out to my man. Eleven years ago today, Ryan Krause made me his bride.

He woke me up this morning with a perfectly prepared, PEC mug of coffee and whispered, “I still feel like a newlywed.” And we do. Well, I take that back, we are WAY more crazy about each other today. He still gives me butterflies, I still feel giddy at 5:45 every day when he comes through the door, When we aren’t together my world always feels a little cock-eyed and I still count the minutes until I get to be with him again. He’s my safe place, the anchor that keeps this rainbow chaser grounded, my strength when I feel like giving up. He’s my very best friend.

People are forever making fun of me because I talk about Ryan like he’s my new boyfriend.  Unfortunately, today it is much more accepting to complain about your husband than to sing his praises. This makes me so sad. I want to tell you why I love this man like I do and why you must just shut it and suffer through the annoying Ryan love fests.

*At the young age of 21 years old his wife of 1.5 years was diagnosed with a rare and scary cancer. He buckled in for the ride and he stayed.

*He held my hand through hours of chemotherapy and never complained.

*He washed my hair and SHAVED MY LEGS when I didn’t have the strength.

*When my hair started to fall out, he shaved me bald and afterwards held my face and told me I was beautiful.

*He held the trash can while I spent months puking my guts out.

*In spite of the “Lemon” he got for a wife and the many health challenges we’ve faced he has NEVER ONCE complained. Not once demanded a refund. (although he has joked that I should have come with a warranty:)

*He CHOOSES to spend his free time with his family. He actually wants to.

*From the moment he walks through the door after LONG days of hard work, he’s present.

*He helps me around the house. He cleans, does laundry and bathes the kids every night. (well, now just Ella:)

*He loves baseball almost as much as I do.

*He makes my coffee every morning and, this is so random but SO Ryan, puts toothpaste on all our toothbrushes.

*He is handier than a pocket on a shirt, he can build, fix, do anything.

*He is a rock star lineman. He works long, hard hours and never complains.

*He defends me almost as ferociously as my mom.

*He loves me even though I’m crazy.

*He encourages all my wild ventures, validates all my unrealistic dreams.

*He is oh so devastatingly handsome.

*He makes me laugh. All the time. He’s so much fun.

Okay, I’m gonna stop.

But do you see now!? I have not done anything ever in my life to deserve this man and I spend most of my days in total shock that he chose me. I thank my God for him every chance I get. A million times a day.

Marriage is hard work but I think choosing to love each other, even on days you don’t “feel” it, brings forth something beautiful. It builds something solid and everlasting, unshakable….Ok, wait, forget all that. I take it back. It’s Jesus. He is what truly makes a marriage work, period. (remember, “he who builds his house on the Rock…”)

Happy Anniversary, Ryan. I. love. you.

IMG_9011

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment